Desktop Support/Network Engineer jobseeker
Information Technology and Services | Sheffield, United Kingdom, GB
Hello, I am a BA Sociology graduate from San Francisco State University, and have lived in both the City of San Francisco and Los Angeles County (USA). Until Autumn of 2013, I am taking on postgraduate MA studies in Global Justice at The University of Sheffield (UK). A few major interests of mine are computers, mobile technology, human rights, and political/social activism.
I have been classified as someone with a leadership mind-set who is very dedicated towards the advocacy of human rights, social welfare, and global equality. At the moment, I am monitoring the labour and student movements across the UK.
Specialties: Desktop support, Network implementation, Mobile technology, Social changer, Human rights advocacy, Slavery abolitionist, Health promotions, Direct Action livestreaming
CALPIRG Students campus organising intern / California Public Interest Research Group
At this internship, I have worked with fellow student colleagues, formed student organisation coalitions, and recruited/trained volunteers to influence SFSU faculty & administration to stabilise tuition fees and reduce university textbook costs.
Executive Director / YouthConnect CA
Oversaw the formation of a non-profit organisation that provides information & referral services for youth, with a focus on California teen/young adult crisis education and counselling.
• Supervised the "Education & Research Program", "Support Connections Program", and our community engagement initiatives, in foundation building with their respective Directors, program development, and methodology implementation
• Ensured staff accountability and resource/material necessities for an efficient organisation
• Planned, coordinated, and implemented social research projects for evaluation and to improve client service delivery
Office Volunteer / Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST)
Worked under the Volunteer Program Coordinator and Office Administrator. Assisted in clerical and special project needs, such as: mail sorting, document manipulation, creating training and publication packets, donation inventory, and financial auditing of cheques & receipts.
Web & Application Services Consultant / Technology Forefront
Gained experience by providing services for non-profits and small businesses in need of network and technical support.
• Works alongside the Lead Consultant in project development and client solutions
• Installs and maintains contracted web sites & online applications, such as NAS, CMS, ERP, and LAMP
• Provides software support for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems
• Coordinates information between Lead Consultants and other on-staff technicians
Health Promotions/Community Centre volunteer / Tenderloin Health
Worked under the Volunteer and Intern Resources Manager, and collaborated with both Community Centre and Health Promotions staff members in assisting Tenderloin neighbourhood residents and homeless population with access to services. Conducted evening check-ins and both did logistical support and reception for Needle Exchange.
San Francisco State University
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Activities: Active Minds student organisation, Urban Action publication, Occupy SFSU, CALPIRG Students
The University of Sheffield
Master of Arts (MA)
Activities: Stop The Traffik society, Reclaim Your Education student union campaign, Forge Media independent contributor